Friday, January 5, 2007

Paid Grandpa a Visit

By Chad Stroh

Yesterday I went to go see my grandpa in his temporary rehab home. He recently fell and broke his left elbow and his left leg. He hasn't been able to walk for a couple months and that's why he is in rehab. He was really antzy when I got there. He was ready to go back to his home and I don't blame him. He told me about the Alzheimers patients and how they sitting in the dining area motionless. The nurses try to feed them, but they usualy refuse to eat the food.I think my grandpa realized that his broken bones don't compare to a broken mind. My grandpa is strong man. He has been smoking since he was thirteen. It was popular back then, so I don't blame him. He is now 76 and was forced to quit smoking because of his rehab. This is another reason why I think he was antzy. All in all we had a good talk about stuff and going to the nursing home always seems to open my eyes to a lot of realities.

No comments: